BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Bronxville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'