BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 Contractor Takes Over Bronxville HS Auditorium Construction
- 2 Bronxville High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 3 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter
- 4 Historic Lawrence Park Home In Bronxville Hits Market For $2.7 Million
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Bronxville