BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Bronxville On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 4 Celebrate Thanksgiving At These Bronxville Businesses
- 5 Bronxville Teachers, District, Agree On Four-Year Contract