BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 IRS Warns Bronxville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 3 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 4 Former Bronxville Surgeon Creates Tuckahoe Center of Excellence
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member