BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court