BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The early days of the professional career of Bronxville track star Mary Cain have been anything but quiet as she smashed an indoor track record in just her second meet as a pro, according to LoHud.com.
Cain, 17, won the 1,000-meter event, breaking the women's youth world record with a time of 2:39.25. She came up five seconds short of breaking the American women's record.
The youth record had stood since 1982.
- 1 New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Opens Cardiac Lab In Bronxville
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview