BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Bronxville-based Concordia College tennis teams recently had five players named to the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's All-Academic team.
The men's team boasted four players named to the team, including sophomores Rafael Ferreira (Sao Paulo, Brazil) and Ofir Ginat (Raa’nana, Israel), senior Ricardo Frey (Curitiba, Brazil) and junior Benas Majauskas (Vilnius, Lithuania).
Nicole Stuhr (Glendora, Calif.) from the women's team was also named to the squad.
To earn ITA Scholar-Athlete status a player must be a varsity letter winner, have a grade point average of at least 3.50 for the current academic year and have been enrolled at Concordia for at least two semesters.
In addition, the men's team was named an All-Academic team with a team GPA greater than 3.20.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor Kevin Pearce Visits Bronxville High
- 5 Concordia's Annual Jimmy Sayegh Basketball Game Helps Fight Cancer