BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Athletes and parents can learn how to recognize, treat and prevent concussions and neck injuries at a seminar Monday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m. at The Bronxville School.
Topics will include how to recognize concussion symptoms, how to evaluate on-field neck injuries, risk factors for sustaining a concussion, treatment plans for injuries and when it's safe to return to play. The seminar will take place in the school's multipurpose room.
Speakers will include Bronxville team physician Dr. Charles Popkin, Bronxville High School athletic trainer Danielle Annis, and Dr. Farah Hameed, assistant professor of rehabilitation and regenerative medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
The free event is presented by The Sports Medicine Center for the Developing Athlete. For more information, call 914-395-0500, ext. 3216. The Bronxville School, 177 Pondfield Road.
- 1 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 5 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries