BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Athletes and parents can learn how to recognize, treat and prevent concussions and neck injuries at a seminar Monday, Jan. 14, at 7 p.m. at The Bronxville School.
Topics will include how to recognize concussion symptoms, how to evaluate on-field neck injuries, risk factors for sustaining a concussion, treatment plans for injuries and when it's safe to return to play. The seminar will take place in the school's multipurpose room.
Speakers will include Bronxville team physician Dr. Charles Popkin, Bronxville High School athletic trainer Danielle Annis, and Dr. Farah Hameed, assistant professor of rehabilitation and regenerative medicine at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
The free event is presented by The Sports Medicine Center for the Developing Athlete. For more information, call 914-395-0500, ext. 3216. The Bronxville School, 177 Pondfield Road.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, Westchester DA Says