BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Chapel School in Bronxville is offering a new Chess Wizards camp for children.
Chess Wizards is a "premier chess education company providing fun, informative and challenging chess lessons to students," according to a press release. The weeklong program for children grades two through eight will run from Aug. 4-8 at The Chapel School.
"Summer chess camps offer a great opportunity for kids to make friends, get better at chess and improve their critical thinking skills," representatives said in the release. "Chess is the perfect summer learning tool because kids can keep their minds sharp while playing a game and having fun."
Students in the program will be divided into groups according to their chess experience. At the end of the week, each student will have had the chance to participate in a mini-chess tournament.
"Attendees of the camp will not only learn about the game of chess," representatives said. "They will also develop skills that they will carry with them throughout their life. Chess requires self-discipline and determination. The game also reinforces problem-solving and critical thinking skills, while teaching players about good sportsmanship."
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville. For more information, call 914-337-3202 or visit The Chapel School website.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Bronxville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation