BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Students at Bronxville's The Chapel School are getting expert advice in the school's chess club.
The club, which is open for students in first-through eighth-grade, is led by an instructor from The National Scholastic Chess Foundation. School officials say the students are excited to learn about the rules and pieces, while returning players come to improve their skills.
“Since we are a smaller school, our students can easily get involved in sports and other activities," said James Dhyne, principal of The Chapel School.
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville. The next open house for The Chapel School is Feb. 7.
For more information about Village Lutheran Church and The Chapel School and its programs, residents can call 914-337-3202 or visit The Chapel School website.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby