BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - The kindergarten students at the Chapel School culminated a Dr. Seuss unit by celebrating the author’s birthday, belatedly, on March 14.
“We were very busy with Lutheran Schools Week, on his actual birthday [March 2] so we [threw] a belated birthday party,” said Danielle DiCuio kindergarten teacher at The Chapel School. Students in her and Maureen Bellotti’s class spent the week reading various Dr. Seuss favorites, and bringing the characters to life. “You can see our wall of “Wurtle the Turtle” and our delicious “Green Eggs and Ham.” The students each created red and white striped hats, like that of a famous feline.
“We want to instill a love of learning and creativity in each of our students,” said the kindergarten teachers. The students enjoyed having “The Cat in the Hat” read to them by their teacher who was also dressed liked him. “Where is Sam-I-Am?” asked one student, with braids in her hair reminiscent of Cindy Lou Who.
The Chapel School is at 172 White Plains Road in Bronxville.
For more information about Village Lutheran Church and The Chapel School and its programs, call 914-337-3202 or visit www.thechapelschool.org.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Gets An Assist In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Synthetic Surface To Be Installed At Hayes Field In Bronxville
- 4 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens