BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Students in Bronxville had to be evacuated from the high school on Tuesday when smoke from a grill caused an alarm to go off.
Shortly before 10 a.m., a duct detector in the school’s kitchen set off a fire alarm, leading to the prompt evacuation. Students and faculty were led outside, where they remained for approximately 15 minutes before the alarm was reset and the “all clear signal” was given.
The district asserts that there was no fire, and the cause of alarm was the smoke coming from the grill. The smoke was quickly contained and exhaust fans were put in place for ventilation.
The fire department responded to the false alarm, and inspected the building before permitting students to return to class.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 Sunspot Solar Flares Could Disrupt Bronxville's Communication Signals