HARRISON, N.Y. – U.S. Rep. Nita M. Lowey (D-Westchester/Rockland), senior Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, released a statement regarding the recent rocket attacks against Israel.
“I join the Administration in condemning the barrage of rockets being fired against Israel from Gaza, which now threaten millions of innocent Israelis,” Lowey said.
“The government of Israel is responding as any responsible country would: protecting its citizens to the best of their ability while going after the terrorists who are responsible for such ruthless aggression. Hamas’ actions only further demonstrate their complete disregard for their own people and their intent to wreak havoc on innocent Israeli citizens.
“As I’ve said before, any Palestinian government that includes the terrorist organization Hamas cannot possibly be a viable partner for peace with Israel and is therefore not an entity that will, or should, receive U.S. financial support.
"I believe President Abbas has a clear understanding of this, as well as his choices going forward. I continue to encourage him to stand against Hamas aggression and do what is best for all Palestinians. I stand ready to implement U.S. law to the maximum extent possible should he continue to choose to partner with terrorists.”
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring