EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – United Water New Rochelle crews began flushing hydrants and blow offs in Eastchester on Thursday, which may lead to the temporary discoloration water locally.
The flushing will all be conducted between 7:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. for approximately a week. The activity may lead to a slight decrease in water pressure or a browning of water in the areas where water crews are operating.
During the flushing period, residents have been advised by town officials to check cold water for discoloration to avoid any mishaps. Residents that experience discolored water should run cold water through a basement sink for at least 15 minutes, which will help clean up the problem.
Discolored water poses no immediate health threats, but can damage clothes if laundry is run. The lines should also be flushed before laundry is done.
United Water New Rochelle crews will all have visible identification cards for security purposes. Check the Eastchester town website each day to see which hydrants and blow offs are being flushed in Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Bronxville.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester