WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The arrest of a high school coach for sex abuse and the firing of NBC giant Matt Lauer topped the newest for the week.
A high school coach in Westchester has been arrested and charged with illegal sexual contact with a minor, Town of Greenburgh Police said Wednesday. Click here to read the story.
The leading morning news anchor on television, NBC "Today" show host and Westchester native Matt Lauer, has been fired over sexual harassment allegations. Click here to read the story.
Here are some of the other top stories of the week (click on the link to read the story):
- A 25-year-old Westchester woman has pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter for driving drunk and killing a 21-year-old Manhattanville College student last year.
- One of the first signs that change is in the wind in Westchester County is the expected cancellation in January 2018 of a popular -- and unpopular depending on your point of view -- gun and knife show at the public-owned County Center in White Plains.
- A Westchester man is heading to prison after pleading guilty to strangling his neighbor to death bat last year over an ongoing dispute.
- A Pleasantville mom worried that her 11-year-old son is being radicalized by her ex-husband is suing for sole custody of the boy, according to multiple sources.
- Westchester native Earl Simmons - more commonly known as DMX - is facing prison time after pleading guilty to tax evasion charges.
- For real-time Northern Westchester news updates in your Facebook feed, be sure to "Like" Daily Voice's Northern Westchester page on Facebook by clicking here.
- Follow Daily Voice Northern Westchester on Twitter @DVWestchester_N by clicking here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.