BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Kindergarten students from The Chapel School toured Tuckahoe recently and learned about the community.
Each year the children take a trip through Tuckahoe to meet the mayor, visit the courtroom and meet community leaders and officials.
The students visited the police station and got a first-hand glimpse of jail cells and police cars. They also stopped at the Fire Department and closed their trip with a visit to Carvel.
“The children really enjoying meeting the police and firefighters in person,” said Maureen Bellotti, one of the kindergarten teachers at The Chapel School.
Each child had a different community helper to learn about through research in books, the Internet or interviews. After the trip the students presented a report on the person they researched.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 200-Pound Black Bear Causes Stir In Yonkers
- 4 Police Search For Suspects In Bronxville Home Break-in
- 5 Chapel School First-Grader Alexander Invited To European Golf Championship