BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Kindergarten students from The Chapel School toured Tuckahoe recently and learned about the community.
Each year the children take a trip through Tuckahoe to meet the mayor, visit the courtroom and meet community leaders and officials.
The students visited the police station and got a first-hand glimpse of jail cells and police cars. They also stopped at the Fire Department and closed their trip with a visit to Carvel.
“The children really enjoying meeting the police and firefighters in person,” said Maureen Bellotti, one of the kindergarten teachers at The Chapel School.
Each child had a different community helper to learn about through research in books, the Internet or interviews. After the trip the students presented a report on the person they researched.
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Bronxville Moves Forward With Flood Mitigation, Hayes Field Projects
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Bronxville On Wednesday
- 5 Bronxville's Downtown Turned Into Country Oasis Filled With Halloween Fun