EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester residents Patricia Maloney and Linda Perrone were among 10 adults to receive the Boys Scouts of America Bronze Pelican Award at a special ceremony held at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City on Sunday, May 4.
Maloney and Perrone volunteer as religious emblem counselors and troop committee members with the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Boy Scout Troop 2 in Scarsdale.
They received the award based on their dedication to the teaching of Catholic values in the Boy Scout’s various religious programs.
The Archdiocese of New York created the recognition, with the first medal being awarded in 1950. Its purpose is to recognize the outstanding contribution that adult volunteers make to the spiritual development of the Boy Scout’s Catholic youth.
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring