EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester residents Patricia Maloney and Linda Perrone were among 10 adults to receive the Boys Scouts of America Bronze Pelican Award at a special ceremony held at St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York City on Sunday, May 4.
Maloney and Perrone volunteer as religious emblem counselors and troop committee members with the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church Boy Scout Troop 2 in Scarsdale.
They received the award based on their dedication to the teaching of Catholic values in the Boy Scout’s various religious programs.
The Archdiocese of New York created the recognition, with the first medal being awarded in 1950. Its purpose is to recognize the outstanding contribution that adult volunteers make to the spiritual development of the Boy Scout’s Catholic youth.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Bronxville
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer