EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Two Eastchester High School students attained the rank of Eagle Scout during a ceremony for Scarsdale's Boy Scout Troop 99 on Sunday Feb. 9.
Michael Taylor and Samuel Carmona both attained the required 21 merit badges, held various leadership roles within their troop and completed a community service project that benefited the community.
Taylor's project project involved organizing a group of adults and youth to help collect donations of cold breakfast cereal to the Westchester Food Bank. He gathered and delivered more than 900 boxes of cereal as well as another $3000 worth of packaged goods to other local food banks.
Carmona organized the removal of invasive plants from the Maple Sugar Tree Grove at the Greenburgh Nature Center and cleared a drainage route.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Bronxville Skies Sunday
- 2 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 3 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester