SCARSDALE, N.Y. – A new HBO documentary about weddings features the insights of a Scarsdale rabbi, reports The New York Times.
“112 Weddings,” airing on June 30, includes thoughts on marriage and family from Rabbi Jonathan E. Blake of Westchester Reform Temple.
The film, by Doug Block, shows 10 couples discussing their thoughts on marriage and what they expected from it after the excitement and beauty of the day was over and the real world stepped in.
“A wedding day is the easiest to make happy. You’ve just thrown a ton of money at it and liquor, but a marriage is hard to make happy because when you throw a ton of money and liquor at it, it often makes things worse,” says Rabbi Blake.
The documentary also features couples from New Rochelle and Rhinebeck, N.Y.
- 1 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 2 New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Opens Cardiac Lab In Bronxville
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says