WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Wall Street Journal is looking into the growth of Facebook, founded by Westchester County native Mark Zuckerberg, as the social media website celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
Zuckerberg, 29, was born in White Plains, raised in Dobbs Ferry and briefly attended Ardsley High School.
He created Facebook in 2004 as a student at Harvard University, which was famously depicted in the 2010 film, "The Social Network."
Zuckerberg has since been named "Time" magazine's Person of the Year and Facebook is valued at $153 billion.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Richard Wilhelm Joins Bronxville's Chapel School As A Spanish Teacher
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures