BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - A 59-year-old man from Mount Vernon is facing a drug charge after being busted smoking weed while walking through several backyards in Bronxville.
A Sussex Avenue homeowner called police at approximately 6:20 a.m. on Sept. 19 when she saw a man - later identified as Ronnie Fields - walking through the backyards of multiple residences in the area.
Fields was later tracked down by responding officers and arrested, charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Following arraignment, Fields was released on his own recognizance and is due back in Bronxville Village Court later this year to answer the charges.
Other items on the Bronxville Police Department blotter from Sept. 19 through Sept. 26 include:
- On Sept. 19, police arrested 30-year-old Yonkers resident Ronda Royal for aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after she was stopped for a speeding violation and records indicated that her license was suspended. She was processed at the scene and her car was impounded.
- Later that day, 38-year-old Hartsdale resident Jason Delaura was charged with the same offense after being stopped for a seatbelt violation on Parkway Road. He was processed at the scene and his Chevy Tahoe was impounded.
- On Sept. 20, police received reports of a man talking to children as they walked home from school on Midland Avenue. Police were able to track down the suspect using Village Surveillance Cameras and facial recognition software, allowing detectives to interview the man, who was benign. Police said no crime was committed.
- That same day, 29-year-old Manhattan resident Luigi Grullon became the third suspect charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after a License Plate Reader alarm indicated his registration had suspended. He was processed at the scene and released on his own recognizance, pending his next court appearance.
- Police are investigating a case where a Kraft Avenue business owner reported receiving death threats over the phone on Sept. 21.
- On Sept. 24, police were dispatched to White Plains Road, where a motorist drove into a pole, causing disruption to Con Edison and Verizon services. The driver and passenger were conscious and alert upon police arrival and transported to Lawrence Hospital by the Eastchester Volunteer Ambulance Corp. for treatment. The cause of the accident is under investigation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.