WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Westchester Sports Hall of Fame is seeking nominations for induction in 2014.
The Hall of Fame honors outstanding professional and amateur sportsmen and sportswomen, living or deceased, who have gained prominence in their fields and who have made substantial contributions to sports in Westchester County. Since its establishment in 1968, the hall has inducted 224 individuals.
A prospective candidate should be a person of integrity and good character who has gained prominence in either professional or amateur sports as a player, coach, manager, official, owner, writer or broadcaster.
Nominees are reviewed by a committee that selects those who best meet or exceed the criteria of the Hall of Fame. Induction will take place this fall, when each member will be presented with a trophy and have his or her name inscribed on a plaque in the Sports Hall of Fame gallery at the Westchester County Center in White Plains.
All nominations must be postmarked by Friday, May 30. A nomination form is available at countycenter.biz.
Completed forms must be mailed to Westchester Sports Hall of Fame, c/o Kevin Cook, 450 Saw Mill River Road, Ardsley, NY 10502.
The Sports Hall of Fame is sponsored by Westchester County Parks.
For more information, call 231-4564.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Former Concordia College Assistant Basketball Coach ID'd In Fatal Crash
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway