BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- The Concordia Clippers men's tennis team kept its unbeaten record intact with a 9-0 win over University of the Sciences.
The match began with doubles play as the Clippers swept all three matches. The No. 3 duo of juniors Tomasz Olfans (Opole, Poland) and Benas Majauskas (Vilnius, Lithuania) secured an 8-1 win against Steven Galerkin and Tajay McLeod.
Shortly thereafter, the No. 2 duo of senior Daniele Piludu (Cagliari, Italy) and freshman Pulat Babadjanov (Tashkent, Uzbekistan) earned an 8-3 victory over Will Metz and Julian Katzev.
Then, the duo of senior Ricardo Frey (Curitiba, Brazil) and sophomore Rafael Ferreira (Sao Paulo, Brazil) took an 8-4 win in the No. 1 match for Concordia against Jake Sosonkin and David Kazakevich.
In singles play, junior Juuso Ojanen (Varkaus, Finland) took a 6-1, 6-2 victory over Sosonkin in the No. 1 match as did Majauska in the No. 2 match against Kazakevich.
Sophomore Ofir Ginat (Raa'nana, Israel) battled his way to a 6-2, 6-4 win against Galerkin in the No. 3 singles match to give the Clippers a 6-0 advantage.
Babadjanov, in his No. 4 match, took an 8-1 win against Metz as did Ferreira in his No. 5 singles match against Katzev and Frey in his No. 6 match over Peter Micu.
Concordia (12-3, 4-0 CACC) will next host Post on Thursday afternoon. The action is set to begin at 3:30 p.m. at the Meyers Tennis Center on the campus of Concordia College.
- 1 Bronx River Parkway Closures Planned Thursday, Friday In Westchester
- 2 New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Opens Cardiac Lab In Bronxville
- 3 Funeral Services Scheduled For Rye Grad Found Dead In Sorority Bedroom
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5 Million
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says