BINGHAMTON, N.Y. -- The Mount Vernon High School boys basketball season ended Saturday when Union Endicott High School stopped the Knights 69-66 in overtime of the Class AA boys regional championship game at Binghamton University.
The Section 1 champion Knights led by three points on a Tyger Hackett 3-pointer with three minutes left in overtime after the game ended at 59-59 on a Yahanni Bartley free throw with seven seconds left in the fourth quarter to force overtime.
Devonte Banner scored 23 points to keep the Knights in the game through the third quarter
Union-Endicott guards C.J. Krowiak (25 points) and Osama Barwari (23) led the way for the winners, who advanced to the state semifinals at Glens Falls, Saturday, March 15.
Brandon Martin added 18 points and Bartley gad seven for Mount Vernon, who led 49-43 after three quarters but could not hold the lead.
- 1 IRS Warns Bronxville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 3 Former Bronxville Surgeon Creates Tuckahoe Center of Excellence
- 4 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 5 Unsafe Lane Change Cited Is In I-95 Crash That Killed National Guard Member