EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester is set to celebrate the coaching legacy of Dom Cecere in May.
Cecere was recently elected to the New York State Baseball Hall of Fame. Eastchester High School will play in a tournament on May 10 against Tuckahoe, Hastings, Walter Panas and New Rochelle. The proceeds from the tournament are set to go toward Cecere's scholarship, which is given annually to a senior player.
Representatives said a ceremony honoring Cecere is set to take place at the school prior to the game.
"We obviously want to make this an extra special day for Coach and hope to have as many of his former players in attendance," said John Doherty. "While there we will have an open microphone for those who would like to say a few words about coach and also have raffle prizes which will include a 50/50 and other items to purchase such as a specially designed hat and t-shirt to commemorate the day."
Eastchester alumni are asked to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2014 for those planning on attending the field ceremonies in order to guarantee a commemorative hat.
Those with questions are asked to contact Doherty at email@example.com or at 914-262-2823.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Gets An Assist In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 5 Yonkers Principal Threatens Soccer Dad, Says Report