EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- Eastchester is set to celebrate the coaching legacy of Dom Cecere in May.
Cecere was recently elected to the New York State Baseball Hall of Fame. Eastchester High School will play in a tournament on May 10 against Tuckahoe, Hastings, Walter Panas and New Rochelle. The proceeds from the tournament are set to go toward Cecere's scholarship, which is given annually to a senior player.
Representatives said a ceremony honoring Cecere is set to take place at the school prior to the game.
"We obviously want to make this an extra special day for Coach and hope to have as many of his former players in attendance," said John Doherty. "While there we will have an open microphone for those who would like to say a few words about coach and also have raffle prizes which will include a 50/50 and other items to purchase such as a specially designed hat and t-shirt to commemorate the day."
Eastchester alumni are asked to respond to email@example.com by April 15, 2014 for those planning on attending the field ceremonies in order to guarantee a commemorative hat.
Those with questions are asked to contact Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 914-262-2823.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Richard Wilhelm Joins Bronxville's Chapel School As A Spanish Teacher
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures