BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 Häagen-Dazs Unveiling New Nationwide Look In Bronxville
- 2 Flood Mitigation Passes, Synthetic Hayes Field Turf Rejected, In Bronxville
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bronxville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bronxville; Blizzard Warning Issued