BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Barbara Walters Donates $15 Million To Sarah Lawrence In Bronxville
- 3 Bronxville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Bronxville
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48