BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95