BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Bronxville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'