BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three