BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville track superstar Mary Cain officially stepped onto the professional stage on Friday, competing in the the New York City Gotham Cup and taking first place in the 800-meter event, according to Runner's World.
Cain, 17, reportedly also came in second place in the 500-meter event. The Gotham Cup featured several other runners who competed in the World Championships held in Moscow last summer.
Since competing in the World Championships and turning pro, Cain is running 60 miles a week and working on her running form in her training, according to the article.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Former Bronxville Surgeon Creates Tuckahoe Center of Excellence
- 3 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 4 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 5 Celebrate Thanksgiving At These Bronxville Businesses