SHRUB OAK, N.Y. – Gretchen Richter and Ally Pass scored in the first half Saturday, leading Bronxville to a 2-0 victory over Pine Plains in a New York State Public High School Athletic Association Class C field hockey regional semifinal at Lakeland High School.
The Broncos, now 17-2-1, advance to the regional final Monday against Greenwich (Section 2 champion) at Schuylerville High School. This is Bronxville's second consecutive appearance in a regional final. The winner earns a berth in the state final four Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 17-18, at Cicero-North Syracuse High School.
Bronxville is aiming for a second straight trip to the state final four and third overall since 2008.
Richter opened the scoring with 13:17 remaining in the first half. Six minutes later, Pass finished off a Charlotte Reynolds feed.
"The girls played very well today, maintaining possession of the ball for most of the game," Bronxville coach Jackie Frawley said. "The girls were moving the ball well by passing and spreading the field."
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Bronxville
- 3 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Bronxville Saturday