SHRUB OAK, N.Y. – Gretchen Richter and Ally Pass scored in the first half Saturday, leading Bronxville to a 2-0 victory over Pine Plains in a New York State Public High School Athletic Association Class C field hockey regional semifinal at Lakeland High School.
The Broncos, now 17-2-1, advance to the regional final Monday against Greenwich (Section 2 champion) at Schuylerville High School. This is Bronxville's second consecutive appearance in a regional final. The winner earns a berth in the state final four Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 17-18, at Cicero-North Syracuse High School.
Bronxville is aiming for a second straight trip to the state final four and third overall since 2008.
Richter opened the scoring with 13:17 remaining in the first half. Six minutes later, Pass finished off a Charlotte Reynolds feed.
"The girls played very well today, maintaining possession of the ball for most of the game," Bronxville coach Jackie Frawley said. "The girls were moving the ball well by passing and spreading the field."
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Bronxville Moves Forward With Flood Mitigation, Hayes Field Projects
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Bronxville On Wednesday
- 5 Bronxville's Downtown Turned Into Country Oasis Filled With Halloween Fun