TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- Tuckahoe High School's Habitat for Humanity Club recently built its first home in Yonkers.
The group completed a new build on High Street in Yonkers on Dec. 29. School officials said volunteers worked on two homes that are being built for homeless veterans.
"In the pouring rain the girls helped to clean up the inside of the houses, cut insulation, labeled pipes for future drilling, hammered in metal plates to protect pipes, hammered hurricane brackets to the I-beams in the ceiling and waterproofed some of the walls," representatives said. "After an exhausting afternoon of work the first words out of their mouths were 'When can we come back and work some more?'"
The volunteers included seniors Katie Ferrone, Amber Cannale and Tatiana Gargiulo; juniors Nicole Alimena, Arjana Balaj, Nazinet Ghebrenegus, Alessandra Gallousis, Amanda Mancino and Nicole Nasti; freshmen Lauren Brandford, Sara Conway and Emily Conway.
- 1 Häagen-Dazs Unveiling New Nationwide Look In Bronxville
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bronxville; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Flood Mitigation Passes, Synthetic Hayes Field Turf Rejected, In Bronxville
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bronxville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bronxville