EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester School District's after-school SETPA/Backyard Sports program is returning with a new basketball club for special needs students.
The group is looking for young athletes and student leaders from Eastchester to become volunteer "coaches" to work one-on-one with the students on Thursdays starting Jan. 23. The six-week program runs from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. at Anne Hutchinson.
"We have had such an overwhelming response in the last four years," representatives said. "It's a wonderful chance to help your peers and you'll benefit from knowing you are contributing to the promotion of their self image and socialization skills."
- 1 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 3 Bronxville's Cain Leaves Oregon To Train At Home
- 4 Bronxville, Scarsdale, Greenburgh Police Team To Investigate Burglaries
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police