EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester School District's after-school SETPA/Backyard Sports program is returning with a new basketball club for special needs students.
The group is looking for young athletes and student leaders from Eastchester to become volunteer "coaches" to work one-on-one with the students on Thursdays starting Jan. 23. The six-week program runs from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. at Anne Hutchinson.
"We have had such an overwhelming response in the last four years," representatives said. "It's a wonderful chance to help your peers and you'll benefit from knowing you are contributing to the promotion of their self image and socialization skills."
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Barbara Walters Donates $15 Million To Sarah Lawrence In Bronxville
- 3 Bronxville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Bronxville
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48