EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- The Eastchester School District's after-school SETPA/Backyard Sports program is returning with a new basketball club for special needs students.
The group is looking for young athletes and student leaders from Eastchester to become volunteer "coaches" to work one-on-one with the students on Thursdays starting Jan. 23. The six-week program runs from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. at Anne Hutchinson.
"We have had such an overwhelming response in the last four years," representatives said. "It's a wonderful chance to help your peers and you'll benefit from knowing you are contributing to the promotion of their self image and socialization skills."
- 1 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 2 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95