EASTCHESTER, N.Y. – In an effort to increase school safety, Eastchester officials will install temporary road barriers at two points of Siwanoy Boulevard near William E. Cottle Elementary School.
According to Tuckahoe Schools Superintendent Barbara Nuzzi, the barriers will restrict traffic at that section of the road, and only emergency vehicles will be allowed passage through the makeshift barricade. Motorists will begin noticing them on Monday.
“This is to ensure the safety of our students above and beyond the measure that has been in place for many years,” she said in a statement.
The barriers will only be a temporary fix, as the district continues to search for a permanent solution. Currently, town and village of Tuckahoe officials are collaborating with the district and the district’s Traffic and Safety Committee to determine how to best move forward.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Tuckahoe Teen Faces Hate Crime Charge After Mall Attacks
- 3 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor Kevin Pearce Visits Bronxville High
- 5 Concordia's Annual Jimmy Sayegh Basketball Game Helps Fight Cancer