BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Nearly 50 Bronxville underclassmen will represent their school district at the Lower Hudson Valley Regional National History Competition this weekend.
On Saturday, 43 Bronxville High School freshmen and sophomores will showcase historical research that they’ve conducted over the past few months after advancing past the local competition.
This year’s competition theme is “Exploration, Encounter and Exchange,” which called for the students to present their projects one of five ways: website, documentary, paper, performance or exhibit. Those that advanced to the regional competition were named winners in one of the categories at the school wide competition last month.
As part of students’ research, students explored their areas of interest by contacting experts in the field, analyzing evidence and data that they collected and subsequently developed theses that addressed the theme of the competition. At the regional competition, students will be interviewed by professors and scholars, where they will be asked to articulate what they’ve learned in their research.
Winners at the regional competition will advance to the state competition, with a shot at competing in the national final.
“Our National History Day participants demonstrated a passion for their topics and a dedication to their work that surpassed our expectations,” Principal Ann Meyer said. “In particular, the students who won the school-based competition and who will represent us at the regional competition conducted in-depth, insightful research.”
Students competing in the regional competition include:
- Fabian Kerj
- Caroline Kirby
- Isabella Lamadrid
- Eliza McFadden
- Tim McGrath
- Brian Sperber
- Aidan Denning, Leo Gretzinger, Tyler Stupart and Alex Swenson
- Jack Kochansky and Julian Thomet
- Sam Abukhadra, Jeb Burnell and Mac Crawford
- Peyton Kinon and Anton Tarazi
- Alexandra Brumbaugh and Eliza Elder
- Ned McCann and Hannah Weirens
- Michelle Coppola
- Griffin Garbarini
- Hana Eddib, Cindy Kwok and Chloe Paris
- Julia Curran, Mary Greely and Isabel Sodney
- Andrew Babyak, George Daskalakis and Jeff Sargent
- Nanda Fraser
- Margaux Frohlich
- Olivia Scotti
- Sarah Flanagan, Erin Fryer and Kiki Shinsato
- Gabby Amboss and Laura Holland
- Mimi Buendia, Gigi Pennoyer and Martha Thomas
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.