There will be two security guards in the school during the entire school day for the remainder of the week, school officials said. The guards are from the security company Securitas, and usually come in at 4 p.m. and on weekends.
The school will go back to normal protocols when the students return from break in January, Bronxville Superintendent David Quattrone said.
"We decided to add some extra security because some of the parents have expressed concern for their children's safety," said Quattrone. "There is no new threat to our school or students, so this is just a precaution to reassure parents in the week following the tragic shooting."
Bronxville school officials will meet sometime in January to evaluate and discuss possible changes to security.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby