There will be two security guards in the school during the entire school day for the remainder of the week, school officials said. The guards are from the security company Securitas, and usually come in at 4 p.m. and on weekends.
The school will go back to normal protocols when the students return from break in January, Bronxville Superintendent David Quattrone said.
"We decided to add some extra security because some of the parents have expressed concern for their children's safety," said Quattrone. "There is no new threat to our school or students, so this is just a precaution to reassure parents in the week following the tragic shooting."
Bronxville school officials will meet sometime in January to evaluate and discuss possible changes to security.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Sisters Serve As 'Principals For A Day' In Bronxville
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 County Health Department Issues Advisory On Ticks, Tick-Borne Illnesses