BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Bronxville Elementary School is holding an open house for parents of incoming kindergartners who are due to begin school in September 2015 in its Multi-Purpose Room on Wednesday, Jan. 28, at 9 a.m.
Parents will learn about the kindergarten program at Bronxville Elementary as well as the registration process. A question-and-answer period will follow.
Kindergarten registration will take place, by appointment only, from Monday, Feb. 2, through Friday, Feb. 27, except for the week of Monday, Feb. 16, through Friday, Feb. 20, when the school will be closed for winter recess.
The following items are required to complete the registration process:
- A completed registration form, which can be found on the Bronxville School District website: www.bronxvilleschool.org/elementary/parent-resources/kindergarten-registration .
- Two forms of proof of residence (one of which needs to be a tax bill, a contract of sale or a lease)
- The child’s birth certificate
- A signed nursery school release form (can be found on the district website)
- A current immunization record, updated by a New York state-certified physician
For forms and additional information, visit the district website at www.bronxvilleschool.org/elementary/parent-resources/kindergarten-registration .
To schedule an appointment for registration, call Mary Reilly at 914-395-0500, ext. 1304. After the registration process has been complete, children will be scheduled for a D.I.A.L. assessment and an afternoon kindergarten visit, which will take place during the spring of 2015.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.