BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Chapel School third- grader Charlie and his four-year-old brother Zachary recently sat in the big chair for the day, taking over as "Principals for a Day."
The brothers worked with Chapel School Principal Jim Dhyne, who showed them how to greet students at car line, send important fax messages, address the entire school during a school assembly, and issue a fire drill.
“Principal for a Day” was an auction item won by their parents at The Chapel School’s yearly fundraising gala, the Gathering of Friends.
“I really enjoyed reading to the class,” Charlie said.
“My favorite part was seeing how the fax and copy machine work,” Zachary said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three