BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Eight Bronxville School District faculty members were recently awarded tenure by the Bronxville Board of Education.
The board announced the tenure during its April meeting. Each of the teachers completed a successful probationary period involving multiple classroom observations conducted by multiple evaluators. The observations rate each teacher as basic, developing, effective, or highly effective on 22 separate components in four domains -- planning and preparation, classroom management, instruction and professional responsibilities, according to a press release. In addition, where applicable, student achievement results are part of the consideration.
The public is invited to offer commentary on tenure candidates. At the end of the process, principals make recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools.
Board President David Brashear and Superintendent David Quattrone both expressed their congratulations and appreciation, according to the release.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Man Who Hid In Restroom Found Guilty Of Attempted Rape, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 5 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts