BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Eight Bronxville School District faculty members were recently awarded tenure by the Bronxville Board of Education.
The board announced the tenure during its April meeting. Each of the teachers completed a successful probationary period involving multiple classroom observations conducted by multiple evaluators. The observations rate each teacher as basic, developing, effective, or highly effective on 22 separate components in four domains -- planning and preparation, classroom management, instruction and professional responsibilities, according to a press release. In addition, where applicable, student achievement results are part of the consideration.
The public is invited to offer commentary on tenure candidates. At the end of the process, principals make recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools.
Board President David Brashear and Superintendent David Quattrone both expressed their congratulations and appreciation, according to the release.
- 1 Häagen-Dazs Unveiling New Nationwide Look In Bronxville
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bronxville; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bronxville, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow