BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Eight Bronxville School District faculty members were recently awarded tenure by the Bronxville Board of Education.
The board announced the tenure during its April meeting. Each of the teachers completed a successful probationary period involving multiple classroom observations conducted by multiple evaluators. The observations rate each teacher as basic, developing, effective, or highly effective on 22 separate components in four domains -- planning and preparation, classroom management, instruction and professional responsibilities, according to a press release. In addition, where applicable, student achievement results are part of the consideration.
The public is invited to offer commentary on tenure candidates. At the end of the process, principals make recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools.
Board President David Brashear and Superintendent David Quattrone both expressed their congratulations and appreciation, according to the release.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester