BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- Eight Bronxville School District faculty members were recently awarded tenure by the Bronxville Board of Education.
The board announced the tenure during its April meeting. Each of the teachers completed a successful probationary period involving multiple classroom observations conducted by multiple evaluators. The observations rate each teacher as basic, developing, effective, or highly effective on 22 separate components in four domains -- planning and preparation, classroom management, instruction and professional responsibilities, according to a press release. In addition, where applicable, student achievement results are part of the consideration.
The public is invited to offer commentary on tenure candidates. At the end of the process, principals make recommendations to the Superintendent of Schools.
Board President David Brashear and Superintendent David Quattrone both expressed their congratulations and appreciation, according to the release.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Barbara Walters Donates $15 Million To Sarah Lawrence In Bronxville
- 3 Bronxville Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Bronxville
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News