EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-Westchester) met with 300 students at Eastchester Middle School on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.
Engel spoke with the students about the history of the Capitol Building, and the legislative process. He then answered questions from the students on a variety of topics from education reform to the crisis in Ukraine, according to a press release.
“It’s always a pleasure to meet constituents from my district, especially students," Engel said. "Young people really can make a difference. I am hopeful their visit to the Capitol will encourage them to become more engaged in their community, as well as spark an interest in government.”
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Three Hospitalized After Serious I-87 Crash Involving Tractor-Trailer, Car
- 4 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts
- 5 Man Found Naked Arraigned On Murder Charge, Says Westchester DA