EASTCHESTER, N.Y. -- U.S. Rep. Eliot Engel (D-Westchester) met with 300 students at Eastchester Middle School on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.
Engel spoke with the students about the history of the Capitol Building, and the legislative process. He then answered questions from the students on a variety of topics from education reform to the crisis in Ukraine, according to a press release.
“It’s always a pleasure to meet constituents from my district, especially students," Engel said. "Young people really can make a difference. I am hopeful their visit to the Capitol will encourage them to become more engaged in their community, as well as spark an interest in government.”
- 1 Bronxville Attorney Charged With Stealing From Escrow Accounts
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Big City Medical Care Now Available In Smalltown Bronxville
- 4 Respiratory Virus Affecting Children May Have Arrived In Westchester
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Closures Continue Thursday, Friday