MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Dr. Marsha Gordon, president and chief executive officer, of the Business Council of Westchester, has been tapped to join the Mayoral Advisory Committee of incoming Mount Vernon Mayor Richard Thomas.
The group will advise the new mayor on key issues and challenges facing Mount Vernon. They will also assist in vetting new leadership for Mount Vernon and recommending policy solutions to enable urban innovation and a stronger quality of life.
The committee is designed to provide a fresh look at the operations of the City of Mount Vernon by a combination of prominent regional leaders as well as successful Mount Vernon stakeholders. Other members are:
- Arthur "Jerry" Kremer (Co-Chair) - Former chairman state Assembly Ways & Means Committee
- Bruce Jackson - (Co-Chair) Assistant general counsel at Microsoft
- David Gentner - Chief executive officer of The Wartburg
- Kenneth Theobalds - Vice president of Governmental Affairs at Entergy
- Robin Harmon-Myers - Owner of Harmony Designs & President of the 4th Avenue Merchants Association
- Debra Stern - Founder and executive director of the Amani Charter School
- Richard Powers - Former executive vice president; president, North America of COMBE Inc.
- Ben Gordon - NBA Basketball player and Mount Vernon native
"We have assembled an excellent group of leaders who will help guide Mount Vernon into a new era of growth and accountability,'' Thomas said. "Quality of life is one of the most pressing concerns and the citizens of Mount Vernon must remain engaged throughout the entire process. We must work with our coalition to address this and other challenges that lay ahead."
Gordon has been president of the Business Council of Westchester since 2001. She is a resident of White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.