WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino unveiled a policy proposal in Albany Aug. 21 to make New York an economically competitive state.
New York ranks at or near the bottom of the list nationwide in various economic categories, such as highest overall taxes, higher unemployment rate than the nation’s and worst state in which to retire.
Astorino says New York needs to be competitive with surrounding states first, and then begin competing with the United States’ leading growth states such as Florida, Texas and the Carolinas.
"Everywhere I go, I ask New Yorkers a simple question: As a state, are we winning or losing?" said Astorino. "The evidence clearly points to us losing, and losing badly to other states. I refuse to accept that. Governor Cuomo failed to deliver on his promise to deliver the real reforms that will turn New York around. I will bring them."
View the full plan here.
- 1 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For Bronxville
- 3 Bronxville's Cain Leaves Oregon To Train At Home
- 4 Bronxville, Scarsdale, Greenburgh Police Team To Investigate Burglaries
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police