TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe Police Department is offering tips to residents to keep their homes safe in light of a string of recent burglaries in the area.
- Have a deadbolt lock on your front door.
- Don’t rely on a door chain, which can be very easily forced open. Install a door viewer to see who is at your door before you open it.
- Keep your windows and doors locked.
- Never buzz anyone you are not expecting into the building.
- Do not hold the door open for a stranger when you are entering or leaving the building.
- If you are out of your apartment for long periods, at work, out on the town for the evening or on a trip, use timers for your lights, radio and television.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Richard Wilhelm Joins Bronxville's Chapel School As A Spanish Teacher
- 5 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures