TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe Police Department is offering tips to residents to keep their homes safe in light of a string of recent burglaries in the area.
- Have a deadbolt lock on your front door.
- Don’t rely on a door chain, which can be very easily forced open. Install a door viewer to see who is at your door before you open it.
- Keep your windows and doors locked.
- Never buzz anyone you are not expecting into the building.
- Do not hold the door open for a stranger when you are entering or leaving the building.
- If you are out of your apartment for long periods, at work, out on the town for the evening or on a trip, use timers for your lights, radio and television.
- 1 New York-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital Opens Cardiac Lab In Bronxville
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Bronxville
- 5 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest