TUCKAHOE, N.Y. -- The Tuckahoe Police Department is offering tips to residents to keep their homes safe in light of a string of recent burglaries in the area.
- Have a deadbolt lock on your front door.
- Don’t rely on a door chain, which can be very easily forced open. Install a door viewer to see who is at your door before you open it.
- Keep your windows and doors locked.
- Never buzz anyone you are not expecting into the building.
- Do not hold the door open for a stranger when you are entering or leaving the building.
- If you are out of your apartment for long periods, at work, out on the town for the evening or on a trip, use timers for your lights, radio and television.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby