TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- A 25-year-old Tarrytown man has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in the September 2013 shooting death of 23-year-old Megan Bookstaver of Long Island, according to a Westchester County District Attorney release.
Eric Gaulin, 25, pleaded not guilty to the charges on Tuesday, April 15.
Gaulin and Bookstaver reportedly were gun enthusiasts and had been dating for four years at the time of the incident.
Gaulin and Bookstaver had just returned from the Palisades mall where they had purchased a new rifle. Gaulin was showing Bookstaver one of several rifles he owned at the time of the incident, according to the release.
Bookstaver's father said at the time of the incident it was a "horrible accident" but would not comment after the hearing in state Supreme Court in White Plains, according to LoHud.com.
Gaulin is reportedly the son of prominent entertainment lawyer Robert Gaulin.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Bronxville Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'