BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – A Brooklyn woman was arrested Monday on charges of prostitution and unauthorized practice of a profession, Bronxville police said.
Ekaterina Margushina, 27, offered to perform a sexual act for money at American Spa at 27 Lower Milburn Street, police said. Margushina was charged with prostitution, a misdemeanor, and unauthorized practice of a profession, a felony, police said.
The arrest came after a two-month investigation with the assistance of the Westchester County Department of Public Safety's General Investigations Unit. The investigation into American Spa, a business that advertised "body rubs" on the Internet is ongoing. The Bronxville Police Department is expecting additional defendants and changes to be filed at a later date.
Margushina was released on $200 cash bail pending her next court appearance Wednesday, Feb 6.
- 1 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Former Tuckahoe Superintendent's Stepson
- 2 Yonkers Man, 22, Drowns In Surf Off New Jersey Shore
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Gang Members Charged With Murder, Other Felonies In White Plains Court
- 5 Former PepsiCo Executive's Drug Bust Tops Week's News In Westchester