BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – A Bronxville man was arrested after he was accused of choking a woman at his home on Dec. 4.
William Stewart, 58, was accused of throwing the woman to the floor, straddling her and then choking her at 1:35 a.m. at 106 Kraft Ave.. police said. Stewart was charged with third-degree assault and criminal obstruction of breathing, both misdemeanors.
Stewart was found at the Palmer Lounge on Palmer Avenue, and was placed under arrest. He was released on his own recognizance, and a temporary order of protection for the woman was put into place by the judge.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby