YONKERS, N.Y. -- A 12-year-old Yonkers boy has been charged with second-degree arson after a fire on Saratoga Avenue in Yonkers, according to Yonkers Police.
Police responded to the fire about 10:24 p.m. on Saturday at 191 Saratoga Ave. After an investigation, the boy was taken into custody, police said.
He is being held at Woodfield Cottage, the Westchester County juvenile detention center in Valhalla, according to police.
Police declined to release further information about the boy because of his age.
The three-alarm fire damaged two buildings and displaced dozens of residents, according to The Journal News.
- 1 Bronxville High School Ranks Among New York State's Best
- 2 Historic Lawrence Park Home In Bronxville Hits Market For $2.7 Million
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Bronxville; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Eastchester Father Reportedly Waives Hearing In Crash To Protect Daughter
- 5 Bronxville Church Ordains Specific Ministry Pastor Mayer