BRONXVILLE N.Y. — Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe residents have elected Steven Baker to serve a five-year term as the new commissioner for Eastchester's fire board, election results showed late Tuesday.
With 757 votes, Baker beat John Palazzolo with 183 votes and incumbent Ray Albanese with 234 votes in an election in which 1,174 residents cast ballots.
The new commissioner will face the challenge of dealing with the district's deteriorating infrastructure, and one that a state audit recently found has an operating deficit of $195,000.
The Eastchester Fire District employs 72 paid firefighters and covers an area of nearly 5 square miles, serving 34,000 residents, including the villages of Bronxville and Tuckahoe.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Eastchester Father, Daughter Facing Charges In Crash That Killed Three Boys
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bronxville
- 4 Eastchester Police Investigate Series of Home Burglaries
- 5 Two Bronxville High School Juniors Named To 2014 All-State Mixed Choir