BRONXVILLE N.Y. — Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe residents have elected Steven Baker to serve a five-year term as the new commissioner for Eastchester's fire board, election results showed late Tuesday.
With 757 votes, Baker beat John Palazzolo with 183 votes and incumbent Ray Albanese with 234 votes in an election in which 1,174 residents cast ballots.
The new commissioner will face the challenge of dealing with the district's deteriorating infrastructure, and one that a state audit recently found has an operating deficit of $195,000.
The Eastchester Fire District employs 72 paid firefighters and covers an area of nearly 5 square miles, serving 34,000 residents, including the villages of Bronxville and Tuckahoe.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Bronxville
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer