BRONXVILLE N.Y. — Bronxville, Eastchester and Tuckahoe residents have elected Steven Baker to serve a five-year term as the new commissioner for Eastchester's fire board, election results showed late Tuesday.
With 757 votes, Baker beat John Palazzolo with 183 votes and incumbent Ray Albanese with 234 votes in an election in which 1,174 residents cast ballots.
The new commissioner will face the challenge of dealing with the district's deteriorating infrastructure, and one that a state audit recently found has an operating deficit of $195,000.
The Eastchester Fire District employs 72 paid firefighters and covers an area of nearly 5 square miles, serving 34,000 residents, including the villages of Bronxville and Tuckahoe.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Bronxville Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 5 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation