BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Rose N. (Barca) Inverarity died Thursday, May 15. She was 84.
Inverarity was born June 23, 1929, to Angelo and Caterina (Natoli) Barca in Yonkers. She graduated from Gorton High School and St. Joseph's Hospital School of Nursing. Her family founded Barca Brothers Supermarket in Yonkers in 1904. After graduating from nursing school, she began working at St. Joseph's Hospital in 1953. She then worked at St. John's Riverside Hospital, the Professional Hospital and Yonkers General Hospital. She was a health care coordinator for Kelly Kare in Bronxville before she became a private duty nurse in 1984. She retired nine years ago.
Inverarity is survived by 17 nieces and nephews; many grandnieces, grandnephews; and great grandnieces and great grandnephews. She was predeceased by her husband, John M. Inverarity; brothers, Joseph, Thomas and Angelo Barca; sisters, Nancy and Mary Barca and Catherine Tamuk; and nephew, James Barca.
Calling hours are Sunday, May 18 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Whalen & Ball Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, May 19 in Christ the King Church. Interment will follow at Mt. Hope Cemetery.
Donations in Inverarity’s memory may be made to Cabrini of Westchester Nursing Home, 115 Broadway, Dobbs Ferry, N.Y. 10522.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Bronxville Stunned In Sectional Football Playoffs
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd