BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Rose F. Celio, (Ferraro) of Bronxville, formerly of Yonkers, died Thursday, July 17. She was 89.
Celio was born March 1, 1925, in the Bronx, and was the daughter of Nicholas and Antoinette Romano. For many years she was employed by the Metropolitan Tobacco Company as a bookkeeper and in later years worked as a teachers aide in P.S. #23 in Yonkers. She was a lifelong parishioner of Mt. Carmel Church and member of the St. Ann Sodality.
Celio is survived by her daughters, Geraldine (George) Casale and Lorraine Celio; a granddaughter; sister, Theresa Pearsall of Eastchester; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Simone (Sam); sister Julia Day of California; brother, Silvano (Sal) Ferraro of Yonkers; and grandson, Daniel Casale of Bronxville.
Calling hours are Friday, July 18 from 3 to 8 p.m. at Sinatra Memorial Home, Inc., 601 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 19 at Mt. Carmel Church, Park Hill Ave., Yonkers. Interment will be in St. Mary's Cemetery, Yonkers.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 Snow Likely In Bronxville On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 3 Two Shot Inside Apartment Building In Yonkers
- 4 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 5 Celebrate Thanksgiving At These Bronxville Businesses