BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Michael David "Mike" Dunne of Bronxville and Jensen Beach, Fla., died Sunday, Feb. 9. He was 76.
Dunne worked for the New York City Fire Department. He was a 39-year veteran and attained the rank of battalion chief. He was the former president of the FDNY Emerald Society and treasurer of the White Cross Fishing Club.
Dunne is survived by his wife, Margaret; children, Pamela Dunne (Barry) Kravitz, David and Katherine Dunne; and two grandchildren.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11 at the Fred H. McGrath & Son Funeral Home, Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Dunne’s honor to: FDNY Holy Name Society Scholarship Fund, 4 Maple Drive, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, Attn: Joseph Bryant.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three