BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Mary Agnes Gallagher, of Bronxville died March 31. She was 82.
Gallagher was born Jan. 21, 1932, to William Kelleher and Margaret Bailey in the Bronx. She attended the College of Mount Saint Vincent, where she graduated as a member of the class of 1953. She worked at the Westchester County Surrogate's Court for 20 years, while regularly volunteering at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women. She was a parishioner at St. Joseph's Church and was active in the Bronxville Women's Club.
Gallagher is survived by her sons, Edward (Lori), John (Rita), William (Sharon), Peter and Joseph (Julie); daughter, Marie (Terence); six granddaughters; five grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Fred H. McGrath and Son Funeral Home, Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, April 4 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Catholic Charities in Gallagher’s memory.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby