BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Mary Agnes Gallagher, of Bronxville died March 31. She was 82.
Gallagher was born Jan. 21, 1932, to William Kelleher and Margaret Bailey in the Bronx. She attended the College of Mount Saint Vincent, where she graduated as a member of the class of 1953. She worked at the Westchester County Surrogate's Court for 20 years, while regularly volunteering at the Bedford Hills Correctional Facility for Women. She was a parishioner at St. Joseph's Church and was active in the Bronxville Women's Club.
Gallagher is survived by her sons, Edward (Lori), John (Rita), William (Sharon), Peter and Joseph (Julie); daughter, Marie (Terence); six granddaughters; five grandsons; and a great-granddaughter.
Calling hours are from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Fred H. McGrath and Son Funeral Home, Bronxville. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Friday, April 4 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Catholic Charities in Gallagher’s memory.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Bronxville Stunned In Sectional Football Playoffs
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd