ARMONK, N.Y. -- Former Armonk resident Marjorie Kohlberg Chilcoat died Tuesday, July 29, in Boulder, Colo. She was 91.
Chilcoat was a well-known member of the Armonk community from 1972 to 2012. She wrote for local newspapers and occasionally managed tennis courts, largely for the purpose of creating social communities. She could often be seen riding her bike, playing tennis, cooling off in a local swimming hole, or heading out to the local fields on skis well past the age of retirement.
Chilcoat grew up in Bronxville, N,Y., and attended Dana Hall School and Mount Holyoke College. She worked briefly in New York City and then raised her children in Bronxville, Crestwood and Katonah before moving to Armonk.
Chilcoat is survived by her brother, Alfred Kohlberg, Jr., her three daughters, Laura, Alison and Theresa Rogers, seven grandchildren, and two great grandchildren.
A small gathering will be held in Armonk in Chilcoat's memory.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Gets An Assist In Burglaries Investigation
- 3 Synthetic Surface To Be Installed At Hayes Field In Bronxville
- 4 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 5 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens