YONKERS, N.Y. – Jane Begley, a longtime resident of Yonkers and Bronxville, died Feb. 5. She was 85.
Begley was born Jan. 21, 1928 in Chicago to Andrew and Myra Murray Begley. Raised in Jackson Heights, N.Y., she received a bachelor’s degree cum laude from Fordham University. She spent her entire career with IBM.
She is survived by a sister, Marilyn Begley, with whom she lived; a brother, Robert (Kathryn) Begley, of Teaneck, N.J.; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Fred H. McGrath and Son Funeral Home in Bronxville. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph's Church in Bronxville.
Memorial contributions may be made to Inner-City Scholarship Fund, Suite 1400, 1011 First Ave., New York, NY 10022, or to a favorite charity.
- 1 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Bronxville Reaches Agreement For Parkway Road Bridge Repairs
- 4 Astorino, Cuomo Trade Jabs In Contentious Gubernatorial Debate
- 5 Stepinac's Jack Dailey Honored For Saving An Elderly Neighbor, Baby