YONKERS, N.Y. – Jane Begley, a longtime resident of Yonkers and Bronxville, died Feb. 5. She was 85.
Begley was born Jan. 21, 1928 in Chicago to Andrew and Myra Murray Begley. Raised in Jackson Heights, N.Y., she received a bachelor’s degree cum laude from Fordham University. She spent her entire career with IBM.
She is survived by a sister, Marilyn Begley, with whom she lived; a brother, Robert (Kathryn) Begley, of Teaneck, N.J.; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Fred H. McGrath and Son Funeral Home in Bronxville. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:45 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph's Church in Bronxville.
Memorial contributions may be made to Inner-City Scholarship Fund, Suite 1400, 1011 First Ave., New York, NY 10022, or to a favorite charity.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 Eastchester Man Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges