ESSEX JUNCTION, Vt. - James Avonda of Essex Junction, formerly of Bronxville and Chappaqua, N.Y., died Saturday, Jan. 4. He was 51.
Avonda was born Nov. 6, 1962, to Richard and Nancy Avonda. He attended Horace Greeley High School and served for four years in the U.S. Army as a medic in the 82nd Airborne Division.
Avonda is survived by his daughter, Abigail Nancy; siblings, Kathy (Craig) Schneider of Underhill, Betsy (Donald) Carbone of White Plains, N.Y., Tom (Donna) Avonda of Piney Flats, Tenn., Bob (Tammy) Avonda of South Burlington, Peter Avonda of Jupiter, Fla., and Bill (Debbie) Avonda of Alachua, Fla.; four nieces; nine nephews; and two great-nephews. He was predeceased by his parents.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11 at Christ the King Church in Burlington. Interment will follow at Gate of Heaven Cemetery in N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, the family has created a fund to support Abigail's education and donations are welcome to the following address: Raymond James FBO Abigail Avonda 529, 100 SW Albany Ave., Suite 200, Stuart, FL 34994.
- 1 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Sisters Serve As 'Principals For A Day' In Bronxville
- 4 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says
- 5 Court's Injunction Stops HUD From Giving Away Grants For Westchester