BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Harmin V. Wood, a longtime resident of Bronxville, died on Tuesday, March 4 in Monaco. He was 78.
Wood was born in New York City and resided in Bronxville and Stonington, Conn. He attended St. Paul’s School in New Hampshire as well as Cornell University. He was a reinsurance executive in Manhattan prior to retiring to Europe.
He is survived by his former wife Ann; daughter Phyllis; son Tad (Harmin Jr.); brother Franklin; sister Mary Visscher Wood and five grandchildren.
His remains will be committed to the Mediterranean Sea. A memorial service will be held in his honor at St. Anne’s, Annapolis, Md. on April 26 at 3 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to JDRF (825 Hammonds Ferry Road, Suite H, Linthicum, MD 21090).
- 1 Multivehicle Accident Reported In Shopping Center In Scarsdale
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 Bronxville Moves Forward With Flood Mitigation, Hayes Field Projects
- 4 Nor'easter To Impact Bronxville On Wednesday
- 5 Bronxville's Downtown Turned Into Country Oasis Filled With Halloween Fun