BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Harmin V. Wood, a longtime resident of Bronxville, died on Tuesday, March 4 in Monaco. He was 78.
Wood was born in New York City and resided in Bronxville and Stonington, Conn. He attended St. Paul’s School in New Hampshire as well as Cornell University. He was a reinsurance executive in Manhattan prior to retiring to Europe.
He is survived by his former wife Ann; daughter Phyllis; son Tad (Harmin Jr.); brother Franklin; sister Mary Visscher Wood and five grandchildren.
His remains will be committed to the Mediterranean Sea. A memorial service will be held in his honor at St. Anne’s, Annapolis, Md. on April 26 at 3 p.m. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to JDRF (825 Hammonds Ferry Road, Suite H, Linthicum, MD 21090).
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 200-Pound Black Bear Causes Stir In Yonkers
- 4 Police Search For Suspects In Bronxville Home Break-in
- 5 Chapel School First-Grader Alexander Invited To European Golf Championship