BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Edward C. Mendrzycki of Bronxville died May 12. He was 76.
Mendrzycki was born in Carnegie, Pa., to Helen and William Mendrzycki. He attended Columbia University, graduating in 1959 with a Bachelor of Science, and a Masters in Engineering in 1960. He began his career at the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA) in 1960 as an industrial engineer. He subsequently attended Fordham Law School, graduating with a Juris Doctor in 1967. He joined the law firm of Simpson, Thacher and Bartlett, and became partner in 1974.
Mendrzycki is survived by his wife, Catherine Dempsey Mendrzycki; sons, Edward, Jr. (Jennifer) and William (Keri); daughter, Tara Mendrzycki Smith (Adam); 12 grandchildren; and brothers, Joseph and James.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 17 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, May 18 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, May 19 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Family Outreach Foundation, 5 Wilson St., Mendham, New Jersey, 07945.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Bronxville's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Bronxville Stunned In Sectional Football Playoffs
- 5 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd