BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - Edward C. Mendrzycki of Bronxville died May 12. He was 76.
Mendrzycki was born in Carnegie, Pa., to Helen and William Mendrzycki. He attended Columbia University, graduating in 1959 with a Bachelor of Science, and a Masters in Engineering in 1960. He began his career at the Aluminum Company of America (ALCOA) in 1960 as an industrial engineer. He subsequently attended Fordham Law School, graduating with a Juris Doctor in 1967. He joined the law firm of Simpson, Thacher and Bartlett, and became partner in 1974.
Mendrzycki is survived by his wife, Catherine Dempsey Mendrzycki; sons, Edward, Jr. (Jennifer) and William (Keri); daughter, Tara Mendrzycki Smith (Adam); 12 grandchildren; and brothers, Joseph and James.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 17 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, May 18 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Flower Funeral Home, 714 Yonkers Ave., Yonkers. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, May 19 at St. Joseph's Church, Bronxville.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Family Outreach Foundation, 5 Wilson St., Mendham, New Jersey, 07945.
- 1 Police Investigating Third Home Burglary In Bronxville This Month
- 2 Bronxville Ranks High Among Nation’s 100 Best Suburbs
- 3 Police Search For Suspects In Bronxville Home Break-in
- 4 200-Pound Black Bear Causes Stir In Yonkers
- 5 Chapel School First-Grader Alexander Invited To European Golf Championship