BRONXVILLE, N.Y. – Dorothy "Dot" Jean Barnett, formerly of Bronxville, died Oct. 9 in White Plains. She was 95.
She was born Feb. 15, 1917, in New York City to David John Barnett Sr. and Jeanette Zacharias Barnett. She worked in advertising in New York City before retiring at the age of 70. In retirement, Barnett was and active volunteer at Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville.
She is survived by a nephew, Timothy Barnett (Leslie) Collins, whom she raised; and three other nephews. She was predeceased by a sister, Muriel Francis (Charles) Barnett Collins and a brother, David John (Arlene) Barnett Jr.
Visitation is from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, followed immediately by a service, at Westchester Funeral Home in Eastchester.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Lawrence Hospital Center, Reference Auxiliary PH4, 55 Palmer Ave., Bronxville, NY 10708.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 5 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced