BRONXVILLE, N.Y. - David J. Tonking of Bronxville died Wednesday, June 25. He was 73.
Tonking was born Aug. 16, 1940, in Yonkers. He was the son of Charles and Mildred Tonking. He lived in Bronxville for more than 40 years. He retired as field superintendent at VPH Mechanical and prior to this as construction coordinator at Alvord & Swift. Additionally, he was co-owner of The Denton Tonking Agency, a real estate and insurance brokerage in Bronxville. He served in the United States Army in Korea. He was a member of the Eastchester Rotary Club.
Tonking is survived by his children, Doreen T. Griffin of Riverside, Conn., and David J. Tonking, Jr. of Bronxville; three grandchildren; sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law; nieces, nephews; and friends. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Kathryn Donaghy Tonking; and brother, Charles Tonking, Jr.
Calling hours are Sunday, June 29 from 3 to 7 p.m. Funeral Services will take place at St. Joseph's Church in Bronxville at 10 a.m. Monday, June 30.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Tonking’s memory may be made to the Multiple Sclerosis Society, www.nationalmssociety.org or by mail at National MS Society P.O. Box 4527 New York, NY 10163.
For more information, please visit: http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com
- 1 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed
- 4 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring